Fingal

Fingal
4 months

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seven Months Old

Fingal will hit his seventh month day after tomorrow. Little by little he's looking less puppy & giving more idea of what he'll look like as an adult. He's still got the deerhound pup face looking at him headon, but sideways, you get the idea. He's just been weighed & measured: 95 pounds & 31 1/2 inches tall.
He is so affectionate, still coming in for a cuddle.
Yesterday he climbed on my bed for about the 5th time. I've let him know it's off limits, but this time I really yelled at him. He then lay flat on the floor and bent his head down, rolling his eyes up at me. I started laughing, he looked so pitiful, and sat down and hugged him.
Taz is doing a good job training him, and they play well together, galloping up and down the back porch, sounding like a herd of ponies.
He whines a LOT, and sometimes I have no idea why. Does he miss his litter? Does he have a pain? Anyway I took him to the vet Thursday, and Lark  could find nothing wrong.
Except of course for that overbite which has to be take care of quickly. I'll have to go all the way to Shoreline to the orthodontic vet, and of course, this is NOT covered by insurance. When I got him  I was told there would be a problem, so it isn't a surprise. Anyway, I wouldn't trade him. He makes me smile too often every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment