Fingal

Fingal
4 months

Monday, January 24, 2011

Upside Downside

Fingal went to his first obedience class yesterday and on the whole did quite well. We worked on  "Go to bed and down", "Sit" , 'Watch Me","Leave It", "Let's Go", walking nicely on leash and come when called.I had already taught him to sit, and he caught on to the others quite well. Except the leash bit. He pulled constantly, trying to see everything, get to the other dogs, wanting the treats the trainers gave to all the dogs. That one is going to take a while. But I've had Taz trained at Canine Potentials and think highly of Carol Ganaway, so I'm sure he'll do well.
The real problem is house breaking him. He drinks copious amounts of water and though I let him outside a lot, praise him when he urinates outside, he comes in, walks around and pees. While strolling around!My wood floors have never been so clean, but the bedroom carpet's a mess, even after it has been cleaned.
Otherwise, for a puppy his age, he's great. He still comes up to be cuddled, and he's really laid back.
His coat is changing, getting thick and kind of curly and he loves it when I rub it, massaging him.
I will grit my teeth, talk softly (I'm really proud of myself-haven't yelled at him, even when I step in a puddle) and know he'll turn into a fine adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment