Fingal

Fingal
4 months

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fingal at five months

His first snow. He ate quite a bit. He has grown about two inches, and has learned a few commands. He's cutting teeth so nothing's safe. I'm giving him all sorts of things to chew on, and trying to keep any paper away from him.

Taz is helping raise him, and I don't interfere when she's taking care of things. He's still a delight, goofy and good tempered.. He developed a fullgrown, adult bark, which confused Taz. The first time he barked to come in, she went running past him when I opened the door, looking for the guilty   dog.
When I watch dvd's,Taz lies on the couch, Fingal at my feet. He keeps trying to climb on furniture, so I've resorted to the spray bottle, which  he caught onto very quickly. Smart puppy.

My worries about raising a puppy are gone. I spend so much time laughing at him, I wouldn't have missed this for the world. He seems pretty mellow most of the time, and comes up to me to be cuddled, hiding his face against me.

Now, if only he could get the idea about getting outside in time! It's funny to watch him. He begins his peeping whine. He stares at me.
 I say, "Okay, let's go outside."
But until the whines get louder, he won't move.
Especially at night, when he's curled up on his bed, he doesn't want to move. A couple of times I've had to tip him off the bed, to get him headed for the back door. During the day, he does go to the door when things get urgent. He can last about two hours, then all bets are off. I have begun to time meetings and appointments by Fingal's pee schedule.


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment