Fingal

Fingal
4 months

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Deck the Halls

I've now had Fingal for a week, and so far, so good, Yesterday my son Andrew & I took the two dogs to pick out a Christmas tree, and they both had a great time. Then we began to decorate the tree and the fun began. Fingal plucked an ornament out of the box, took one look at my face, and ran into the bedroom. I caught him in time. Then he found the stockings. Then another ornament. Today, before we went out, we put his x-pen around the tree, and came home to find nothing but two good dogs and one Christmas tablecloth, unwrapped. No damage.
Andy and I sat in the tv room, watching Jeeves & Wooster, our laughter and the tv covering sounds in other rooms. Did I mention that I had moved the pen so I could  add more ornaments?
Damage: two glass ornaments, an angel and a wooden sailboat.
Otherwise, Fingal is delightful, smart and sweet. He's much calmer than Taz was, and learns quickly. Still a few puddles, but he's learning. His paws are bigger than Taz's whose 3. His coat is still smooth rather than rough, and his ears have a life of their own.
I find myself smiling just watching him lollop across the porch. I'd forgotten how puppies can simply collapse and fall asleep in seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment