Fingal

Fingal
4 months

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update on Fingal: Home Alone

I'll be adding pictures of Fingal taken by Barbara Heidenreich, of Fernhill Kennels, Fingal's birthplace. The first I posted is selfexplanatory. Deerhounds usually have pretty big litters, and you can see that Fingal seems to be the largest.
He's still mellow,though he did attack and kill a library book while I was gone.My fault. I'd left it on a shelf near his bed.
Our day goes something like this. I wake early, walk out to get the paper. He comes with me, empties his enormous bladder, then I have my tea and read the paper as he snuggles next to me, his nose inside my slipper.
An hour or so later, Taz wanders out, yawning, and the two go outside again, then lie around till walk time.
Until Fingal's arrival I had been training Taz off leash, by taking off her collar, having her come to me, getting a favorite treat. I tries it yesterday with  both of them. They took off, Taz ignoring my calls, ran around the hill, so I saw occasional gray shapes floating through the trees.
I went looking for them, came back to find them sitting on the porch, grinning at me. No more off leash.

No comments:

Post a Comment